The beach of Marina di Campo is the longest beach on the island (about 1.5 km) and is entirely composed of fine and golden sand of granite origin, due to the disintegration of the granite rocks located on Monte Capanne, the highest mountain of the Island of Elba.
The beach is usually well sheltered and the sea is clear and crystalline, but it is particularly recommended with the winds of the north, mistral and west.
In the eastern part there is the centuries-old pine forest, an excellent shelter for the hottest hours, and a small area equipped with games to entertain the little ones.
Near the pine forest, from La Foce to Capo Fonza, a cliff full of coves and inlets offers greater tranquility and privacy.
The breadth of the beach allows you to enjoy the sea life in peace but, for those who prefer a more dynamic holiday, it is possible to participate in the various entertainment that animate the central area of the beach.
In fact, there are several stretches of free beach, but also numerous bathing establishments, restaurants and services of all kinds: umbrella and deckchair rental, sailing schools, diving centers, pedal boats and canoes, windsurfing and boats.
The characteristics and services of the Marina di Campo beach make it suitable for everyone: from families with children to young people.
Families with small children prefer it because the sea slopes very gently: in some places, for over 50 meters from the shore, you can walk and play ball without the water exceeding waist.
In addition to families, the beach of Marina di Campo is very popular with young people who can entertain themselves with the many services it offers: rent a pedal boat or a canoe to explore the coast, stop for an aperitif in the many bars located along the beach, eat fresh fish or sip a drink directly on the sea.
In addition to the services offered directly on the beach, which constitutes the marine border of the village, visitors can also take advantage of all the services offered by the tourist village that winds its way behind the beach (bars, restaurants, shops, free and paid public parking).
On clearer days, from the beach of Marina di Campo it is possible to see the Island of Montecristo on the horizon.
In 2017 this beach was chosen by a cart turtle to lay its eggs (102 to be exact!), an absolute record for Tuscany.
How to reach the beach of Marina di Campo:
The beach can be easily reached by car, by public transport, or on foot directly from the village of Marina di Campo. In the village and in the pine forest there are numerous parking lots, both free and pay parking.
A peculiarity of the beach is its cycle path located in the pine forest behind that allows you to reach every part of the beach.
- Rent da Simone: Rental of sun beds & umbrellas, pedal boats, canoes, sup (tel. +39 346 5435437)
- Bagni Iselba: Bathhouse with sun lounger & umbrella rental, children's play area, sailing and windsurfing school, changing room, bathroom for the disabled, showers, storage for floaties, WiFi, bar/restaurant (tel. +39 349 1258870)
- Tropical: Bathing establishment with sun lounger & umbrella rental, children's play area, windsurfing school, changing room, bathroom for the disabled, showers, storage for floaties, beach volleyball and soccer field, WiFi, bar/restaurant (tel. +39 347 4974343)
- Paglicce Beach: Bathhouse with sun lounger & umbrella rental, gazebo, changing room cabins, hot shower cabins, WiFi, bar/restaurant (tel. +39 335 5330148)
- Bagni Pineta: Bathhouse with sun lounger & umbrella rental, children's play area, changing room, shower storage for floaties, bar / restaurant. (tel. +39 393 9763783)
- Da Gabriele: Rental of sunbeds & umbrellas, job chair, defibrillator (tel. +39 342 6956890)
- C.75 Beach Bar: Bar with sun lounger & umbrella rental, changing room, shower (tel. +39 347 1162453)
- La Lucciola: Rental of sunbeds & umbrellas, canoes, pedal boats, changing rooms, bathroom for disabled people, shower, bar / restaurant (tel. +39 392 4164080 - +39 0565 976395)
- Rent da Riccardo: Rental of sunbeds & umbrellas, pedal boats, rafts, boats (tel. +39 338 4208467)